Saturday 19 October 2013

Judgement Day AKA Every Day

Okay, who has ever been judged? I'm sure everyone has, so do not try to deny it. We all know what it is like. We all know the self-doubt that comes along with someone judging you. And, we should also know that there are different ways people are judged. People are judged by their actions, looks, likes, family, status, brains, and even hobbies.

But, none of this is right.

Simon Cowell
Simon Cowell? King of Judging?
We should not me judging people. Yes, I know that it is easier said than done, but think about what it would be like if you didn't have to worry about people judging you! It would be amazing. Think about all the people that would actually be themselves and be happy with themselves.

So, what if people didn't judge others? What would you do? What would you say? Who would you be?

Personally, I think I would be so happy. There would be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I would definitely dance in the streets, sing at the top of my lungs, be brutally honest all the time.

But, most importantly, I would not keep any secrets.

I think that with judgement of others comes this cage that we all think we need to live in. We are always watching what we do and what others do. We always have to say the right thing. It is like there is a perfect mold that we have to fit into so that we are not judged. The only problem is that even if you fit the perfect mold you will be judged for being so perfect.

There is no winning!

Do you think there is anyway to win this battle of judgement?

7 comments:

  1. We can stop judging, one person at a time. If you will try hard not to judge anyone, and I try real hard not to judge anyone each day, then maybe we have made this world a happier place for us all. Lets just be ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hard part has to do with how harshly we judge each other. I you are really mean, then it will be super hard to break the habit of judging.

      Delete
  2. I feel to win over the judgements that other people give about a certain person is for that person to just not care. You aren't here to please people. They judge someone but they also have some insecurities or they judge a certain person because of the bad that they see in themselves. If someone judges another person then it's usually a reflection of what they see in themselves whether they can pin point that thing or not. So I would say, to beat this is to simply not care. Once someone doesn't care about what others say ( in terms of insults. If somebody advises then that is completely different ) then soon the people who judge and throw insults will stop. They do it to get some sort of enjoyment so to beat it you kill that enjoyment and they'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any pointers on how not to care? Although I do agree with you, I personally struggle immensely with not caring what people say and I know that it is definitely easier said than done.

      Delete
  3. i feel like in order for people to not be so judgemental, they have to be happy with them selves. People probably judge others to make themselves look or feel better. so i think that once you're really truely happy with yourself and where you are in life, then the judgemental thoughts of others won't come as often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it easy to be happy with yourself if people are judging you?

      Delete
  4. I think in some cases judgement is actually a good thing. For example for a musician being judged can be difficult and hurtful but it is actually a very good thing because it pushes you to do better, practice more and try harder.

    ReplyDelete